Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Journey Through the Blogosphere


HELLOOOO BLOGGER! 

Stay with me while I tell you about my journey through the blogosphere, a quest on a windy road toward self-expression.

It all started ten months ago when my parents urged me to start a blog. It was February break, and with time on my hands I decided it was a good idea since I love to write and wanted to openly and creatively express myself outside of school. I googled "blog websites" and Blogger instantly popped up. I thought, "Wow, that was easy," but I was innocent to the problems that would ensue. 

As it turned out, Blogger wasn't even an option for me because one, I did not have a Google account and did not see the necessity of one, and two, complicated technical difficulties prevented me from even visiting the website. 

So I went for the next blog platform, blog.com. The name was straightforward and simple, leading me to believe that my experience using it would be too. I got all excited, thought of a unique name and spent hours meticulously going through the set-up process. However, this was all for nothing when after just five months on the website, I gave up due to constant and incredibly frustrating crashes of the server making it impossible for me, or others, to even access the site.  So I packed up my posts, and like a single mother and her children, moved on in search of better Internet homes with more opportunities. 

Tumblr was the next stop and I was really hopeful that it would accommodate my aspirations and ambitions. My stay was, again, very short because before long I figured out that Tumblr was more for wannabe hipsters and attention-seeking teens (for which I am neither).  Once again I decided it was best that I relocate. 

Finally we come to the present. I spent 1 1/2 hours yesterday carefully resituating my babies (posts) and assimilating myself into this new culture.

Now, will this stay be short-lived as well? Will I have to sling my virtual rucksack over my shoulder and move on again? 

So far so good, so stay tuned folks because I have a lot of hopes and dreams to share. To quote Orphan Annie as she entered the Warbucks mansion, “I think I'm gonna like it here!"
More Posts Soon!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment